Welcome to day 3 of our NAB 2019 video periods collection. We’re sharing a brand new video every day. If you want instantaneous entry to the entire periods, enter your e mail on the video, or enroll under.
Red Giant Chief Inventive Officer Stu Maschwitz talks in regards to the making of a live-action brief movie he DP’d for Oscar-winning animation director Mark Andrews. In between humorous anecdotes, Stu exhibits how he makes use of a set of instruments—like Airtable, After Results (together with expressions), Body.io, and naturally, Crimson Big—to provide the VFX for the venture.
Listed below are the highlights to remove from the video.
- Stu efficiently made the soar to Director, DP, and VFX artist with brief movie tasks, despite the fact that he formally skilled as an animator on the world renown Cal Arts.
- The mixture of After Results, automation, Crimson Big, and Body.io empower small VFX workflows to punch far above their weight.
- Mark Andrews received Stu to DP his brief by asking him if all these photos of drugs Stu posts are only for appears to be like. ????
- On massive tasks, “procasti-tivity” (engaged on small automated options) could make an enormous distinction earlier than you get began.
- Self-effacing joke about Stu’s poor DP expertise.
- Stu loves monitoring photographs with Airtable, and utilizing these shot directories to generate slates with Keyboard Maestro.
- A couple of extra self-effacing jokes about his DP expertise and at the least one (perhaps two) about his peak.
- Crimson Big’s “Tremendous Comp” turns Stu’s bag of compositing methods right into a easy an intuitive plugin.